"How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it" - George Alliston

"Do something today that doesn't have to be done again tomorrow."
- Author unknown

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

today's fun!

happy crafty pug today!!!!!
wednesday's is my 'day off' when my lovely hubby looks after the little human. this has been so that i can use the day to do my study - but today i FINISHED my last assignment for the semester - yay!!!
so that got done around 1pm - so i spent the rest of the day crafting!
so much fun!

i finished piecing all the blocks for the birdie quilt - see sample of blocks below. now i just have to work out what colour sashing and border to add.....









i also pieced another strip of the log cabin onto jan's quilt, and i started putting together my 'two buck block' BOM with Thangles from my fave quilt shop "Kornakraft" in Gawler. month 1 done, and month 2 underway. this is easily the neatest block i have ever made - go thangles!

very easy to use - you put the two pieces of fabric together and then sew the thangles strip to them. then cut them up and iron as below...

so neat once you have ripped the paper off the back


and look at those corners lining up! so proud of myself :) he he



ahhhhhhhhhhhh, a happy pug tonight

pugs and kisses
xx

1 comment:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Great blocks. Love the fabric.