whew! got marley's quilt finished before her thanksgiving service this sunday
i had an absolute DISASTER of a time quilting the thing - if it wasn't a gift that i needed on sunday i think i would have thrown it away!
the thoughts i had on how it would look didn't really work out. i thought i would use the decorative stitches on my new machine to do some lines through the strips of material to follow the horizontal form of the quilt.
but the thread i used (varigated yellow guterman thread) kept breaking EVERY TWO SECONDS! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. so i ended up using straight stitch, a wavy stitch and a zigzag stitch for most of it. the gold ribbon that is on the front (and on the back by the way!) is on there because one of the decorative stitches got so kerfuffled that i had to stop. i then couldn't get it unpicked because it was so densely stitched on top of its self. so a cover up was all i could do......but i think it covered it up ok :) hopefully the recipient will never know :)
pugs and kisses